Loctite® Go2® Glue is a true all-purpose glue that delivers the power of two technologies to create Durability & Versatility. Mixing the strength of polyurethane & the versatility of polyoxysilane, it is the ideal formula for your repairing, crafting & building jobs. This technology was developed with Loctite Industrial expertise. Go2 Glue dries crystal clear, does not wrinkle paper and sets with no clamping. Go2 Glue is elastic, shock resistant, non-shrinking, fills gaps, water resistant and can be used indoors and outdoors.
Recommended for DIY repairs and modeling work in and around the house. Compatible with many porous and non-porous materials such as aluminum1, stainless steel, steel, copper1, brass1, bronze1, concrete, tiles, ceramic, glass, mirror1, wood, cork, chipboard, MDF, varnished surfaces1, fiberglass reinforced polyester, unfinished leather, linen, paper, cardboard, rigid PVC, polycarbonate, sanded ABS, polystyrene foam,mirrors1, natural stones, concrete.
Limitations: Not for use on polyethylene (PE), polypropylene (PP), polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), ABS and rigid polystyrene. Before application, carry out tests to ensure the compatibility of Loctite Go2 Glue with nonferrous metals such as aluminum, copper, bronze and brass as well as with different coatings such as paints, varnishes and powder coatings. Variations in composition may affect adhesion. Loctite Go2 Glue is only compatible with mirrors whose reflection and protective coating complies with DIN 1238 5.1 and DIN EN 1036. See application instructions. The cured product is water-resistant, but not suitable for water immersion
- Dries crystal clear - Invisible repairs
- Thick consistency - Less mess, reduces clean-up
- Temperature resistant - Great for applications requiring short term high temperature resistance up to 176 F (80 C)
- Versatile and durable - Resistant to impact, shock, vibration, water and temperature extremes
- Safety Precautions: Wear gloves and wash hands after use.
- Preparation: Protect work area. Surfaces to be glued must be sound, clean, dry (see Application below) and free of grease, dust, old adhesive residue, paint and other contaminants such as plasticizers and mold release agents. Remove contaminants with alcohol or acetone (tests surfaces for compatibility before). For improved adhesion, lightly sand very smooth or glossy surfaces and clean thoroughly. Pre-fit all materials before applying adhesive. When bonding two non-porous surfaces, dampen surfaces lightly before applying adhesive. Mask off the adjacent areas with tape before gluing if necessary. To open, rotate cap counter-clockwise.
- Application: Apply a thin layer of adhesive to one surface. Bond parts immediately after applying the adhesive and hold or clamp parts together (before skin formation) for at least 30 minutes. For best results allow 24 hours cure before subjecting to stress. Unlike other adhesives, high pressure during curing is not necessary. Very porous materials will require a thicker layer of adhesive and application to both surfaces may be required. Loctite® Go2 ® Glue cures by absorbing moisture into the bond line from the ambient air (air humidity or water vapor) or from the substrate. If both surfaces to be joined are non-porous (i.e. metal to metal or plastic to plastic) then they can only be glued by pre-wetting both surfaces with a damp cloth before applying the adhesive. Avoid wetness, pooling water or water drop formation. For large surface areas make sure the moisture film does not dry off before applying the adhesive. Absorbent surfaces are normally water-permeable and do not require pre-wetting; however, the curing process can be considerably accelerated for both absorbent and non-absorbent substrates if the surfaces are pre-wetted by wiping the areas to be glued with a damp cloth before applying the adhesive. The adhesive can be applied to damp surfaces. The adhesive will reach its maximum strength after it has fully cured and the substrates have fully dried. After setting, the adhesive can be painted, especially with water based acrylic paint.
- Mirror bonding: Be very careful not to scratch or damage the back coating of the mirror. Protect surrounding areas and floors from drips, squeeze-outs etc. Apply the adhesive to the back of the mirror or the substrate in vertical beads approximately 1/8 inch wide and approximately 1 -2 inches apart. Do not place the adhesive too close to the edge to prevent squeeze-out (leave approximately 1-2 inches from the edges). Within 5-8 minutes place firmly up against the wall and tape in place until cured. Support the bottom of the mirror to prevent slippage until the adhesive cures. For mirrors larger than 1 square foot, this product must be used with a permanent support system. Place mirror into support channels or hangers and press in place within 5-8 minutes. Tape or brace the top of the mirror until the adhesive has set at least 48 hours. For non-porous surfaces, longer curing time will be required. Do not try to reposition the mirror once in place. If sealing the edges, wait a minimum of 7 days. Curing time will depend on temperature, humidity, type of substrate and amount of air that can reach the adhesive.
- Clean-up: Clean tools and adhesive residue immediately after use with alcohol, acetone or cleaner’s naphtha. Cured sealant may be carefully cut away with a sharp-edged tool. Cured adhesive cannot be removed from clothing and is not soluble in any solvent.
- Thick consistency, temperature resistant, solvent free
- Ideal for precision alignment of surfaces